|Tower Responds to Assist on Reported House Fire|
|By ETVFD Watchdesk|
|March 17, 2023|
At 9:00PM Friday evening, ETVFD was dispatched along with other area agencies as mutual aid to the Mount Penn Fire Company for a possible house fire in Mount Penn Borough. First arriving units had what appeared to be a fire in the chimney.
Chimney fires often occur when materials build up inside a chimney. These materials can be different things such as squirrel or birds nests or a build up of soot and ash in the chimney. Using the right type of fuel in your fire place or wood stove and regular cleanings can prevent these fires from occurring.
ETVFD units were released from the scene just at 10:02PM